“…it is not the will of your Father who is in Heaven that one of these little ones should perish.”
To become involved in STANDING FOR LIFE and helping to END ABORTION, pray and ask God how He is leading you. Never feel like you are “just one person” and therefore cannot make any difference. He uses single men and women to completely change the world! What matters is being obedient to where God calls us. Let Him decide how and where He uses you! If we will not open our mouths for the ones who cannot speak, then who will?
“Open your mouth for the speechless, in the cause of all who are appointed to die.” -Proverbs 31:8
Here are some ideas to practically STAND FOR LIFE:
- CHOOSE LIFE – If you find yourself in an unplanned pregnancy, choose life for your baby! You will never regret it, whether you choose to parent or place your baby for adoption! There are many people out there to support you on this difficult road, both emotionally and practically. Visit your local crisis pregnancy center for counseling and other helpful resources.
- BE THERE – If you are friends with someone who faces an unplanned pregnancy, be there for them! Exhort them to choose life for their baby! Offer to take them to a pregnancy center. Be there for them every step of the way. Get on your knees and pray for them, as well as the precious life that grows within. Exhort the father of the baby to be a man and stand up to fight for and defend his girlfriend/wife and child! You never know how what you say and do or don’t say and do could mean the difference between LIFE and death!
- OPEN YOUR EYES – Become acquainted with the battle for the unborn. Allow God to cultivate a burden and passion for these precious lives within you. May He show you His heart towards both sides, both the men and women in these crisis pregnancies, as well as their unborn children.
- PRAY – That lives would be saved and hearts transformed. Pray for the women in unplanned pregnancies and the men and women already affected by abortion. Pray for courage and strength! Get involved in standing for LIFE, in a peaceful and prayerful way at your local abortion clinic. Don’t underestimate the power of prayer! Go to 40 Days for Life to see how you can get involved in the movement of prayer and offer hope outside of abortion facilities.
- STAND – Volunteer at your local pregnancy center. There are many ways to help such as becoming a counselor, working in administration, fundraising, etc. If you are able to support them financially, please consider doing so. In order for these centers to continue offering men and women in crisis pregnancies free services, they need funding! Consider becoming a sidewalk counselor at your local abortion clinic. Don’t stop there. Remember that once these men and women choose life, they will still need support. Practically pray about ways to serve these men and women. Reach out to single mothers. There are ministries that support unwed mothers. For families who have chosen to foster or adopt, be there for them as well! Don’t be afraid to talk to your friends, family, children about LIFE! Be willing to stand up and be a spiritual leader.